Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bleach is my Friend

After three long years of owning two of the exact same pairs of Levi's 511 jeans I decided I needed some variety in jeans. Most of my closet is full of dark denim and I really needed some light jeans to change it up some. I decided to bleach a pair of my 511 jeans and here is the result.

before and after

Some areas were in the bleach longer than others so they came out blotchy and unevenly bleached. The end result was somewhat satisfying. If you're going to bleach anything and want it to be evenly bleached I really recommend you make sure it doesn't float to the top of the water because the areas not in contact with the bleach will be darker than those that are. I would also experiment on something that you wouldn't mind ruining.

No comments: